My favourite summertime drink in the world is peppermint lemonade, and to me it’s the perfect way to celebrate summer and cool down on a warm day. This recipe is one that I treasure and I hope that it brings you as much joy as it does for me. Without further do, let’s get our lemon on!
- 450g organic lemons
- A large handful (or 2) of fresh mint leaves
- 1 tbsp organic maple syrup
- 1L cold water (still or sparkling)
- Lemon slices and mint leaves, for garnish
- In a large bowl, gently crush the mint leaves with the back of a spoon or the end of a rolling pin. Add in the maple syrup, stir slightly, and leave to sit for at least 30 minutes. This will help the mint infuse into the syrup and give the lemonade a more minty flavour.
- After at least 30 minutes, juice the lemons and pour the juice into the bowl of mint and syrup. Stir together until the ingredients are well combined.
- Transfer the lemon mixture to a large pitcher or water jug. Add in the water and stir gently until well combined. Place the pitcher in the fridge for a little to chill.
- When you’re ready, serve the lemonade (over ice if you wish), and garnish with the spare lemon slices and mint leaves.
Let me know if you make this delicious lemonade and how it turns out for you. I would love to see you trying out these recipes, so don’t be afraid to tag me @amongsttheflour on Instagram if you decide to post, and I can share your art to my stories!
See you soon!
3 thoughts on “zesty peppermint lemonade”