This Honeyed Raspberry Chia Jam has been keeping me satisfied with the glorious taste of summer all winter long. It’s super simple to make, healthier than your regular jam (as we’re using less sugar, more fruit, and no pectin), and simply just beautiful in all ways. It’s just the pop of colour that we need at this time of year, and the taste… oh my goodness you just can’t beat it! I am enjoying this jam on top of my Simple Sourdough Pancakes and it makes the best and easiest breakfast ever!
- 700g raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 3 tbsp honey (or maple syrup)
- 6 tbsp chia seeds
- 120ml water
- In a large saucepan, add all of your ingredients and begin to heat on high. Stir everything together until combined and the raspberries start to fall apart.
- For a smoother texture, mash the raspberries with a potato masher or fork whilst they start to soften.
- Once the honey has dissolved and the jam begins to boil, reduce the heat to medium-low and let thicken to your desired consistency. Make sure the chia seeds are well combined and not clumped together – you may need to mash them with a fork if any are stuck together.
- You may want to add more honey/maple syrup to taste – I prefer a tarter jam so if you want it sweet, you’ll definitely need to add more (just be careful not to burn your tongue when tasting – let cool on the spoon for a minute).
- Once you’ve reached your desired thickness, remove the jam from the heat and leave to cool for a couple of minutes.
- Pour your jam into sterilised jam jars, seal with the lids and leave to stand for 24 hours. Keep this jam stored in the fridge for up to 1 month, or in the freezer for longer storage. Once opened, consume within 2 weeks.
My favourite way to enjoy this Honeyed Raspberry Chia Jam is to top it onto my Simple Sourdough Pancakes. I hope you love this recipe as much as I do. If you make this recipe, make sure you leave a like and a comment down below! I absolutely love hearing from you guys and you can be sure that I will try my best to get back to you soon! And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @amongsttheflour I love seeing the photos of recipes you’ve all made! Happy Springtime and I wish you all a beautiful day!