I love pickles and I love radish. Tis the season for both – when the first radishes are ready to harvest, but there’s still lots of vinegar left over from the pickled vegetables we’ve enjoyed over the winter. What better way to reduce our food waste than to reuse our pickling vinegar and making these Easy-Peasy Pickled Radishes! This has become by far my favourite way to enjoy radishes, providing you with a little spice and a lotta crunch. The best way to pep up your dishes this season.
MORE PRESERVING RECIPES:
- Rhubarb Brown Sugar Jam
- Tangy Four Fruit Marmalade
- Vegan Spiced Mincemeat
- Super Easy Homemade Pumpkin Puree
- Blackberry Chia Jam
This recipe makes 1 x 450ml (16oz) jar
- 200g fresh radishes
- 150ml pickling vinegar
- 150ml boiling water
- 2 tbsp honey or brown sugar
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- ½ tsp crushed chilli flakes
- 1 tsp pink peppercorns
- Gather your radishes and wash them well to remove any dirt. Top and tail them to remove the remaining stem and tail.
- Slice your radishes as thin or as thick as you like. If you desire more crunch in your pickles, then cut them a little thicker. Set the radishes aside.
- In a measuring jug, add the honey/brown sugar, salt, chilli flakes, peppercorns, pickling vinegar, and hot water. Stir everything together until the honey has fully dissolved.
- Place the sliced radishes in a clean pickling jar. Carefully pour the pickling juice into the jar of radishes up to the base of the neck of the jar.
- Seal with the lid and leave to cool completely. Once cool, keep stored in the fridge and consume within 1 month. Enjoy in salads, sandwiches, or just on their own.
I hope you love my Easy-Peasy Pickled Radishes as much as I do. If you make this recipe, make sure you leave a like and a comment down below! I absolutely love hearing from you guys and you can be sure that I will try my best to get back to you soon! And of course, if you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @amongsttheflour I love seeing the photos of recipes you’ve all made! Happy Spring and I wish you all a beautiful day!